Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pineapple Lime Dutch Oven Chicken

Wow, we have been super neglectful of this site! Yikes!

So this week we did Dutch oven cooking with my neighbors. Our offering, and trial run, was this recipe found from someone's cookbook. I'd give kudos to whoever it is, but I don't have the book in front of me!

8 chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
2 cans of pineapple tibits in juice, one drained, reserve the juice of the other.
1/2 c lime
4 tsp Corn starch
4 Tbs soy sauce

Heat up the ole coals and brown the chicken in the dutch oven on both sides. I mixed all the "wet" ingredients in a bowl. Be sure to dissolve the corn starch in the juice of the pineapple before you go so you don't get lumpies! Pour the wet ingredients over the top, place on the lid, add coals and let bake until chicken is done and sauce is thickened. I think we did it for about 20-30 minutes. It was a sweet, limey teriaki. YUM!

I think it would be awesome just poured over white rice to serve.

1 comment:

Diane said...

We tried this and loved it. thanks!