Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chicken and Biscuits



I got my new edition of the Food and Family magazine in the mail the other day and this is the second recipe I've tried from it. Yummy- I did a bunch of the prep work in the morning (aka cooking the chicken and veggies, measuring out the sour cream, bisquick, etc) so when dinner time came I just put it all together. With Anden as my helper sometimes making something long and involved just doesn't work.

My sis came over for dinner and so we all voted thumbs up on this one. Enjoy!

1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup (I used the reduced fat and it was still yummy)
3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream, divided (I used light and it was fine)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
3 Tbsp. milk
1 cup all-purpose baking mix

HEAT oven to 375ºF. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 8-inch square baking dish. Stir in chicken, vegetables and cheese.

STIR milk and remaining sour cream into baking mix. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into 6 mounds on top of chicken mixture.

BAKE 35 min. or until biscuit topping is golden brown and chicken mixture is hot and bubbly.

Thanks Kraftfoods.com for this winner.

No comments: