Monday, February 28, 2011

Browned butter breadcrumbs and broccoli

I love this recipe and I think it came from a Weight Watchers cookbook I had. Before I lose the paper with it again, I thought I had better record it for posterity sake!

12 ounces of fresh broccoli florets
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Steam the broccoli. While it is cooking, put the Panko breadcrumbs in a large skillet; cook over medium heat about 3 minutes or until lightly browned - stir frequently. Remove from the pan and set aside.

Add the butter to the pan. Cook 1 - 2 minutes or until butter is lightly browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Drain the broccoli of any excess water. Add the broccoli, salt, pepper to pan and toss to coat with the browned butter. Place in a serving bowl and top with the panko breadcrumbs. Serve immediately. Sometimes I am just in a hurry so I put the panko on while its all in the pan, and stir it all up to mix.

No comments: