Thursday, December 18, 2008

Aunt Dot's Microwave Peanut Brittle

This is my mom's favorite. She made a batch up and before I even got to taste it...well, she and my dad had eaten it all gone! The recipe comes from my Great Aunt Dot in North Carolina and my mom swears its easy!

1 1/2 cups Raw shelled peanuts (with skins on)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs baking soda

Combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup and salt in a 2.5 quart microwave safe container. Microwave 4 minutes on high power. Stir. Microwave 4 more minutes. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Microwave for 2 more minutes.

Add baking soda and quickly stir until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto a lightly greased baking sheet and spread. Break apart and ejoy when cooled.

No comments: