Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Honey and Wheat Rolls - breadmaker

Dairy free for those of you who are checking!

This yummy and super easy recipe came from the cookbook that I got with my breadmaker about 14 years ago LOL It has the best recipes I swear. Don't think I've tried one I didn't like yet!


Place all ingredients in order in your breadmaker. All should be at room temp.

1 Cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup honey
1 egg (slightly beat before adding)
2 cups bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (not better for bread ww, just regular ww)
2 teaspoons dry active yeast.

Put this in your machine on the dough setting. When done, remove dough and knead 2-3 times on a lightly floured surface to elminate any air bubbles. Shape as desired ( I usually do pan rolls - divide into 12 pieces, shape so the top is smooth, place in a greased or sprayed 9x9 pan. Also works well to do the same thing only in a greased muffin tin). Cover with sprayed saran wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Let rise for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

The rolls are fluffy and yummy. Both my kids ate them when they first came out of the oven (ok, so we did cool the baby's but he wolfed it down too!)

No comments: