Monday, August 10, 2009

Stacey's lower fat zucchini bread

This recipe came from my friend Stace at designing and motherhood :) I love zucchini bread but hate all the fat so here is a nice alternative. I've not tried it as of yet, but I do have a zucchini earmarked for this!

My zucchini bread FAVORITE recipe (when counting calories)!

I have tried and trued Zucchini bread recipes over and over again. I am watching my waste line so I make this recipe that is low fat but tasty. Keep in mind the full fat recipes are better tasting when compared side by side. On the other hand, we care about the calories, RIGHT?! Enjoy!

LOW-FAT ZUCCHINI BREAD
Makes 16 servings

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup skim milk, rice milk or soy milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini (1 medium)

Combine dry and wet ingredients. Bake at 325 degrees for about 70 min and test with a toothpick.

1 comment:

Tweejy said...

Yum! I made this a few weeks ago and am making it again today with zucchini from my grandparents garden!